Choosing to change careers can be a daunting task. Making the right decision comes down to identifying your goals and priorities, determining what excites and energizes you, and capitalizing on the skills and interests you have.
Wouldn’t it be great to find something you love and then get paid to do it?
Earning an associates degree in massage therapy offers many benefits, including the following:
- The opportunity to earn great money while helping and healing those suffering from pain
- A broad spectrum of interesting and exciting work settings upon graduation
- Flexible hours and scheduling.
It’s also a great option for those looking to work part-time or earn additional income while working another job —in becoming a massage therapist, you can support almost any lifestyle.
If any of these characteristics appeal to you, you might be on the right track! Explore the possibility of pursuing a massage therapy career further by following these steps:
- Schedule a session with a licensed massage therapist. Getting treatment yourself is a great way to get a taste of what the profession has to offer and how it can help! Consider trying different types of treatments or modalities, such as shiatsu or Swedish massage.
- Speak to someone who has experience in the field about whether massage therapy is a good next career step for you. Come prepared with questions about their background, from how they got into the profession to what their day-to-day experience is like.
- Contact our admissions department to schedule an interview and take a tour of the school. Learning about the training needed to pursue a career in massage therapy will give you a great perspective on whether this exciting and dynamic field is right for you.
- Go with your gut! If you follow these steps, you should get an immediate sense of whether massage therapy is a good fit.
To try out a massage for wellness treatment, you can make an appointment at Acupuncture & Massage College’s Community Clinic, which offers acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, and massage therapy for the treatment of a wide range of health conditions. To schedule an appointment call (305) 595-9500.