Treat Diabetes With Acupuncture

The prevalence of diabetes has risen or at best remained unchanged in virtually every part of the world over the last three decades. A new international study published in The Lancet collating worldwide data on diabetes since 1980 has found that the number of adults with the disease reached 347 million in 2008, more than double the number in 1980. As a holistic therapy, acupuncture can be utilized for the treatment of diabetes to normalize endocrine function.

Diabetes occurs when the cells of the body are not able to take up sugar in the form of glucose. As a consequence, the amount of glucose in the blood is higher than normal. Over time, this raises the risk of heart disease and stroke, and can also cause damage to the kidneys, nerves and retinas.

Approximately 70 percent of the recent rise in diabetes is due to population growth and aging, with the other 30 percent due to higher prevalence. The proportion of adults with diabetes rose to 9.8 percent of men and 9.2 percent of women in 2008, compared with 8.3 percent of men and 7.5 percent of women in 1980.

Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:

  • Fatigue.
  • Blurred vision.
  • Frequent urination.
  • Increased hunger and thirst.

As a complementary therapy to allopathic treatment of diabetes, you can also treat diabetes with acupuncture. Acupuncture stabilizes blood sugar by correcting endocrine system imbalances, and produces no adverse side effects or contraindications.

Acupuncture & Massage College’s Community Clinic offers acupuncture, massage therapy and herbal medicine for the treatment of a wide range of health conditions as well as for overall wellness. To schedule an appointment call (305) 595-9500. For information about AMC’s Oriental Medicine and Massage Therapy programs ask for Joe Calareso, Admissions Director.
Download A Catalog for Acupuncture and Massage School

Subscribe to Email Updates

Sign Up for the AMC Newsletter

Categories

see all

Recent Posts