Policies and Procedures
Requirements and Prerequisites:
The Acupuncture & Massage College is a non-discriminatory educational institution. Admissions are based upon equal educational opportunities for all students regardless of race, color, creed, age, handicap, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or veteran status.
Massage Therapy and Associates of Arts in Health Science applicants are required to be 18 years of age and must have completed high school or the equivalent.
Master of Oriental Medicine applicants must have completed 60 semester credits at the baccalaureate-level from an accredited institution. At least 30 of the 60
semester credits must be in general education courses. General education courses must include written and oral communication, quantitative principles, natural and physical sciences, social and behavioral sciences, and humanities and fine arts. An introductory course in computer operations is required for students lacking that knowledge or students can sign AMC’s Verification of
Computer Literacy form.
Prospective students are encouraged to schedule an appointment with the acupuncture and massage school Admissions Director, who will assist the applicant in making an informed decision.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- A non-refundable application fee of $50.
- A completed application form.
- A digital photograph taken by the admissions Director
- Massage Therapy applicants must have an official copy of a high school diploma or GED sent directly to the Institute.
- Oriental Medicine applicants must have official copies of their college transcripts sent directly to the Institute
- Typewritten essay, “Why I want to be an acupuncture physician/massage therapist.
- Two letters of recommendation requested to be on letterhead (for Oriental Medicine applicants only)
- A personal interview with the Academic Dean.
Applications will be processed until the incoming class quota is met. Once the class quota is met, students will be put on a waiting list.
Prospective students who have already submitted an application to the Acupuncture & Massage College are permitted one free treatment at the Community Intern Clinic. The Community Clinic is supervised by acupuncture physician and massage therapy instructors. Treatments are administered by Oriental Medicine and Massage Therapy Interns.
The training programs at the Acupuncture & Massage School are given in English. This means that students enrolling in any of the programs must be proficient in the English language.
Students can demonstrate their English competency in one of the following ways:
- Graduation from an accredited high school in the United States or passing the GED.
- Completion of an English composition or literature course with a minimum grade of “C” at an accredited college in the United States.
- A minimum score of 500 on the TOEFL.
If none of the above conditions have been met, Massage Therapy students must pass an in-house reading comprehension test. Oriental Medicine students must pass an in-house reading comprehension test and an essay exam.
Students who have previous education and wish to transfer credits from another institution must have official transcripts sent directly to the Acupuncture & Massage College. In addition, a copy of the school’s catalog, detailed syllabi and course descriptions will help in the evaluation process. The transfer credits for the Oriental medicine school must come from a school in candidate or accreditation status with the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM) that is determined to be equivalent to the Acupuncture & Massage College in its training.
The Acupuncture & Massage College will determine to what extent credit can be given. Students transferring into the massage school must complete at least fifty percent of the program at the Acupuncture & Massage College and Oriental Medicine students at least one year. All transfer credits will be evaluated within one month of receiving documentation from the student. Students may be asked to take and pass the corresponding final exams from our Institute.
Transfer credits will be determined at the time of enrollment.