OM Acupuncture Licensing Disclosure
The Oriental Medicine Program will qualify eligible graduates for the Acupuncture Physician license in the state of Florida. Graduates will receive guidance from the Career Services Director when applying to the NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine) to obtain authorization for the examinations required by Florida (Acupuncture with Point Location, Biomedicine, Chinese Herbology, Foundations of Oriental Medicine). When students pass all four exams, the Career Services Director will guide those students through the Florida licensure process.
The complete process and list of requirements to become an AP (Acupuncture Physician) in Florida can be found here on the Florida Board of Acupuncture webpage: https://floridasacupuncture.gov/licensing/
AM College does not have the resources to maintain a current and accurate listing of licensure requirements by state given that the requirements widely vary by state and are constantly revised by the states. However, the Career Services Department has in the past directed, and will continue to direct, students to appropriate websites, documents, or courses for information to those students wishing to qualify for credentials in states outside of Florida.
The following are the best places to obtain NCCAOM examination and Florida licensing information online
NCCAOM process and examinations
- For the NCCAOM website for exam information: https://www.nccaom.org/online-portal-landing-page/
- To create an account with the NCCAOM and submit the application: https://certportal.nccaom.org/dzapps/dbzap.bin/apps/assess/webmembers/login?webid=NCCAOMCERT
- After authorized to test, go here to register and to choose an NCCAOM examination date and time on the Pearson Vue website: https://home.pearsonvue.com/nccaom
Florida Board of Acupuncture (part of the Florida Department of Health)
- To register and to apply to become a licensed Acupuncture Physician in the state of Florida, go to: https://mqa-vo.doh.state.fl.us/datamart/voservicesportal
- License renewal information can be found here on the Board of Acupuncture’s website: https://floridasacupuncture.gov/renewals/